This tab of the Configure dialog specifies the general parameters
controlling message reception and logging.
The options that can be changed here are:
- The maximum age of messages that will be seen in the GUI, and how long messages
will be kept in memory.
Anything older than the specified viewing time interval (relative to current
time) will be hidden on the map or grayed out in the sniffer window. Any messages older than
the retention limit will be deleted from memory.
- Whether or not received APRS packets and GPS sentence data should be
recorded in log files. Note that transmitted packets are always logged, to comply
with any local jurisdictional regulations.
- The directory where log files will be kept, and the format of AX.25 message log files
(using the same formats available on the File->Load->APRS Packets
and File->Save->APRS Packets menu choices).
- The directory where the segmented binary-encoded (tile) copies of
OpenStreetMap data should be stored, and also where such data will
be read from when rendering maps upon the GUI.
- Message addressees that will be handled as locally addressed
(directed to this station). Note these are in addition to any
callsigns associated with TNC and APRS-IS ports on your installation